One of the most entertaining presenters we have featured here at Chiefpigskin is Jim McKee, head coach at Scott County High School in Georgetown, Kentucky. You will love his videos because he is just plain fun to listen to. His manner, stories, and anecdotes are great. But in addition to that he is knowledgeable, well organized, and is a superb football coach. Coach McKee has been the head coach at Scott County High School the last 22 seasons and since 2004 has amassed a 153-38 record including a state championship in 2013 finishing a perfect 15-0. Last season the Cardinals finished 11-3 and reached the state semi finals. His 3 video series is one that we are very proud of here at Chiefpigskin. Click here to see the videos.
Listen To The Sneak Peek Podcast!
Video 1: Creating an effective and efficient practice schedule
WHEN DO YOU DO WHAT?
- When are you going to lift?
- When are you going to watch film? Game film/opponent film
- When are you going to get the JV practice time?
- What format are you going to do pre-game?
- When are you going to watch practice film?
- And many, many other things.
- We have changed and changed – start/stop/continue – activity
Coach McKee’s synchronized machine of a football program is a great example for all coaches.
Video 2: 10 Things To Make Your Program Special
Coach answers the “WHY and WHEN?”
- Sell season tickets
- Sell parking passes
- Combine your fundraising efforts to one day
- Make pocket schedules
- Stock your concession stand
- Stream line your charts
- Give every possible effort to help colleges find your players
- Give your players/coaches some time off
- Take the field with flags
- I love football!
Video 3: Why the Wing-T and How We Run It
Coach shows why any offense is effective as long as you know it, believe in it, and run it with precision.
- Won at least 10 games every season for the last 10 years running wing-t every snap
- Lowest scoring average last 7 years is 44 ppg
- Fits our school system, feeder system
- Very few people run it and gives you a huge advantage
- Defenses and defensive emphasis are on stopping the spread
- You can adjust the offense to the particular school set of the team in a given year
- It’s fun! It’s in our culture
Register today for your All Access Pass and get access to these presentations as well as ALL the videos featured on the Online Clinic. You won’t be sorry!
Coach L. Albaugh DBLITY
Coach Albaugh coached high school football in Illinois for 28 years. During that time he coached at every level and on both sides of the ball. He was the offensive and defensive line coach for four undefeated teams and was a defensive coordinator in his last 11 years, twice reaching the semi finals of the Illinois state playoffs.